The Lake

This painting was sold at a benefit auction about a year ago. Unfortunately I did not get the name of the new owner, and therefore one of my 'babies' has slipped from my fold. Parting with a painting, whether for money or for a good cause, is still a painful experience. It is a creation, and a loss of creation, almost like the loss of a loved one is hard to forget. For me, selling a painting creates that sense of loss and I have to convince myself to let go.



The above picture is from a scene I noticed at Lake Charlotte on Nova Scotia's Eastern Shore. It is one of many rocky points and coves, tree lined shores and dark waters. This picture is based on the early spring when the ice starts to slowly break up around the edges of the shoreline and the water peeps through, giving promise of things to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Pistol Paintings

Lake Paintings

Quiet Places