Boats

This beautiful cape style boat belongs to a very good friend of mine. It is a working lobster fishing boat called "The Emma and Boys" They fish out of the Yarmouth area of Nova Scotia. This acrylic painting is in the collection of the owner of the boat.


I painted The Emma and Boys one Christmas from a photograph the Captain's wife sent me. It's truly a great boat. I like to work from photographs and sketches, I'm not really into the whole outdoor painting on location thing. I work far to slow for that I fear....

This tugboat operates out of Halifax Harbour. I see it everyday on my way to work. This is a colored pencil picture worked on over a period of time from a photo. Colored pencils produce lovely vibrant colors, but alas the requirement to frame the finished picture under glass makes framing a costly endeavor. Unfortunately the camera flash produced some shine on this particular photo that is not there when the painting is viewed in 'person'






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Pistol Paintings

Lake Paintings

Quiet Places